The complete UROX basic system consists of:
- UROX step capsule for urine collection with cup
- UROX gaiter with integrated urine bag
- UROX underwear (fixation pants) that keeps the step capsule in place
Instructions for the UROX system can easily be followed by our video guide.
We recommend watching the instruction video before using the UROX system.
Before using the UROX system
Adjusting the length of the tube and assembly of the system
UROX step capsule comes with 50cm long tube.
To get the most out of your UROX-system, you should ensure that the tube is adjusted to the correct length. If the tube is too long, there is a risk of kinks on the tube, which can block the flow from the cup to the gaiter, and if it is too short, it will stretch when you walk, and you run the risk that it may be pulled off the outlet on the gaiter when you take a long stride.
The tube is cut just above with scissors. If you are average height, you will probably have to cut 5-10 cm. The tube is fit on the outlet at the top of the gaiter.
Make sure the tube is pushed all the way to the bottom of the fitting on the gaiter, to ensure that it is properly fastened.
Moisten the tube, if you find it difficult to get it all the way down. When it is moist, it will slip on easily.
The tap on the outlet tube is closed. The outlet tube is folded up and clipped into the lock.
The tap on the outlet tube will only fit into the lock, if it is properly closed. Ensure that the tap is closed, and that the outlet is secured in the fix, every time you have emptied the bag.
How to put the UROX system on
1. UROX mounting of the system on the penis and the legs
The system is ready to be worn, as soon as you have adjusted the length of the tube and fixed the tube on the gaiter.
Here is the easiest way to put it on:
- Put on the fixation pants
- Put the UROX gaiter on the calf of your left leg. The fabric should be facing backwards so that the tap is placed on the inside of the leg, just above the ankle
- Put the cup through the fly in the fixation pants
- Insert your penis through the membrane in the cup
- Make sure you have a comfortable fit.
- Ready to go!
2. Emptying of the urine bag in the gaiter UROX
You will find it most convenient to empty the bag, while the gaiter sits on your leg.
- Put your foot on the edge of the toilet
- Click the outlet tap out of the lock on the gaiter, and point it into the bowl
- Open the tap and empty the bag into the toilet
- While the tap is still open, flatten the bag with your hand, to get any remining air out
- Close the tap
- Wipe the tip og the tap with a little paper
- Fold the tap up again and fix it in its lock
3. How to take off the UROX system
You can take your UROX off without removing your trousers.
- Make sure the urine bag in the gaiter is empty. (See above)
- Open your trousers and remove the cup from your penis.
- Pull the cup out through the fly in the fixation pants. Wipe away any urine to prevent dripping
- Take off the gaiter. When you take it off, the tube and the cup should follow through the leg of your trousers. To avoid tearing the gaiter, you may want to take your shoe off before you pull the gaiter over the foot.
After using the UROX system
Cleaning and Storage
After use, take two minutes to clean the system before you put it away. Cleaning prevents development of germs and bad smell. While cleaning can be done at any time, we recommend that you make it into a habit to do it immediately after you have taken the system off.
- Fill a bit of warm water into the cup and let it flow into the bag until the bag is nearly full.
- Open the outlet tap on the gaiter and empty the water into the toilet. Close the outlet tap again.
- Spray 1-2 pumps of cleaning liquid into the cup and shake around so the agent is distributed everywhere inside the cup, before you let it flow into the gaiter
- Fill warm water in the cup and let it drain into the gaiter.
- Shake the gaiter and drain it into the toilet.
- Close the tap and put it back in its lock on the gaiter.
- If the system has become wet during the cleaning, wipe the water off. Do not use a dryer or blow dryer.
- Store the system in a ventilated place. If possible, use the UROX storage-bag. Do not put it in a closed plastic bag unless you are sure it is completely dry, and avoid storing the system in direct sunlight.
Recycling and Disposal
All components of the UROX system are designed for multiple uses. How many times you can use them will depend on a number of individual factors. The cup and tube can be disposed of separately as plastic for recycling, while the gaiter goes with the household trash.
Unseparated, the system should be disposed of as household trash.
To minimize the risk of leakage, we recommend that the gaiter is replaced after a week of daily usage, and that the cup is replaced after a month of usage. Basically, systems can be used for much longer than this if they are cleaned after use and stored properly, but if you decide to extend the period of usage beyond our recommendations, make sure that you inspect the systems for cracks and tear before you take it on, and be prepared for an increased risk of leakages.